words+modelling/ SAID SAID (@lowry613) pictures/ FATIMA SAID (@roo.kee)
If you are a male with long hair, especially in a culture that has its doubts about it, then I’m sure you’ve been asked at least one of these questions in a social setting. There is no “appropriate” time for questions…they WILL ask and they will not hold back. If you are not receiving these questions then chances are your mom, your dad, and even your great grandma are probably asking them about someone else. Laugh at my pain.
- How did your parents allow this?
2.When are you going to cut it?
3. Are you a girl? Only girls have long hair.
4. Is everything okay? A.K.A are you a ciyaalsuuq (troublemaker) now?
5. What do you put in your hair? How’s it so shiny?
6. Does your mom let you braid it?
7. Anybody ever tell you, you look like lil’ Fizz from b2k?
8. Who are you trying to imitate?
9. Are you mixed with something?